Creating a Digital Policy for the New Mobile Health Ecosystem
Wednesday, December 5, 2012 - 7:30 - 8:45 AM
On May 25, 2012 the U.S. Chief Information Officer, Steve VanRoekel issued the Digital Government Strategy, an initiative that pushes for the next wave of technology integration and usage -- providing citizen centered services that enable the federal workforce through the use of better technologies. With the deadline for federal entities to create an all-encompassing digital strategy set for September 2012, followed by a 12 month implementation period, the question is: what does this mean for patients, clinicians, provider systems, payers and the myriad of other health care IT stakeholders?
This session will detail the nature of the evolving mobile health ecosystem, focusing on the ripple effect of the Digital Government Strategy on key stakeholders the industry, as well as present best practices for creating a holistic, strategic digital health policy within your own organization. Specifically:
- The moving parts of the mHealth ecosystem: What does the future look like and how will the Digital Government Strategy mandate impact each?
- Applying digital policies to mobile health care: Creating a plan for your organization
- 5 things that CIOs need to know about application and lifecycle development in the mobile health era
- The patient data experience: How to handle patient data derived from a mobile channel
- Privacy and security frameworks for mobile strategy: Staying off the data breach hit list
- The social media elephant: The new health communication platform you can’t afford to leave your of your organizational digital policy
- How are hospitals, physician groups and other health care organizations using social media to engage with patients, and other physicians, in a safe and secure manner?
- Outline the key components that form the backbone of a digital policy for a health care organization and describe how the evolving mHealth ecosystem is adapting to concerns regarding security and privacy;
- Discuss strategies for handling patient data exchanged in mobile channels; and
- Explain how clinicians, administrators, and IT professionals can leverage social media to improve the delivery of patient care.
- $69.00 through October 5, 2012
- $79.00 October 6, 2012 — November 30, 2012
- $89.00 December 1, 2012 - On-site
Senior Community Manager
Center for Connected Health
Medical Communications Media